Monday, September 8, 2008

Lori Nordstrom

I'm a bit behind on blogging these days, but I have to tell you about the fun trip I made to Des Moines a couple weeks ago. At the end of July, I met Lori Nordstrom in Atlanta at a PPA conference. She has quickly become a great mentor for me, as a photographer as well as learning the business aspect of things. She held a workshop in her brand NEW studio located on the picturesque town square of Winterset, Iowa where you will also see The Bridges of Madison County. It is a truly beautiful little town and just wait until you see this studio! It was under construction while we were there, but I promise I will post pictures after her grand opening! Some photographers flew in from Canada and there was even one from New York. We learned about natural lighting, posing, and managing this crazy business. Her good friend and Photographer Michael Cerizo was there as well to do a little teaching. It was so great to learn and grow with other photographers! We also had some great late nights with her son, Josh, and his friends. They took song requests, and I must say, they are truly talented...both as musicians and models!




Lori and Josh...

No comments: